santa's world

Hi, my name is Santanu Vasant. I'm a currently a student at Brunel University, this is my space to chart my day-to-day activities.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Training Week and WebCT Meeting

Over the past few weeks., it's been busy....

(Thursday 22 July 2004) Firstly, I attended a meeting about the E-Learning Tool, WebCT, which was actually very interesting, as I got to hear from the lecturers and support staff how they use WebCT and the changes they propose and the projects underway to improve E-Learning at Brunel University. I wore a tie, but most lecturers came in summer clothes. Oh well, at least I didn't look like a tramp! LOL!

(Monday 26th - Friday 30th) - WebCT Training. First time I'd done anything like this. I presented to 9 lecturers on the Monday and two on the the Wednesday. Skills demonstrated : Oral Presentational, Communication. I do need to speak a little louder, hopefully this will come with time. These training sessions will be an ongoing affair, next one (similar type, but to students) will be in Early Sept in Twickenham.

I also went to another Wedding, near Elstree Studios (close to Pinewood Studios and the Top of the Pops Studios), which was a very "Indian Wedding" in very "English surroundings". Strange, huh?

Currently, at work I'm working on a site Called Career Mangagement Skills (CMS) for my University and doing a Web base for Systems Engineering. I also am designing a document for all departments regarding E-Learning. A mixture of activites and the usual WebCT day-to-day activities also, make for a very interesting life at present.

Only regret is the lack of one's own spare time, hence why I'm turning down other work and the like from friends etc.

It was a nightmare getting home this evening, torrential rain in the London region brought the Tubes to a standstill at Wembley Park, with all major roads flooded! Monsoon comes to Britain is all I can say! At least it will feel cooler in the next few days. It's very close of late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home